The Lubbock Entertainment and Performing Arts Association (LEPAA) was created on March 26, 2013, with the stated mission of raising funds for the construction of a performing arts center in Lubbock, Texas, with the goal of the construction to begin within three years of 2013.
LEPAA’s formation is the result of numerous community-driven initiatives to create a performing arts center spanning three decades:
- Municipal Arts Committee of City Council, 1984
- Goals for Lubbock – A Vision into the 21st Century, 1995
- Mayor- Appointed Millennium Advisory Committee, 1998
- 2005 Community Goals, referencing 1985 goals
- Downtown Revitalization Plan, 2005
- Mayor’s Lubbock Entertainment and Arts Facilities Task Force, 2001-2002
- Civic Lubbock’s Cultural Coalition Task Force Report, 2011
- Imagine Lubbock Together, 2013
Today, LEPAA is spearheading the fundraising and construction of The Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences. Our mission has evolved to further promote and elevate arts, education and economic impact in our community.