LEPAA and The United Family® have partnered to bring the elegance of Market Street to guests in downtown Lubbock. United will serve as the exclusive food and beverage provider for Buddy Holly Hall, including catering, concessions, lounges and the full-service bistro.
Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences will offer four main concession areas, one on each level of the hall, and mobile concessions on the main floor and first balcony level. Two exclusive lounges offer private bar areas and concessions to PSL holders, founding donors and corporate donors of the hall. The bistro, located on the east side of Buddy Holly Hall, offers an outdoor dining terrace facing the Louise Hopkins Underwood Center for the Arts.
The bistro at Buddy Holly Hall will offer both indoor and outdoor terrace dining to downtown patrons, seven days a week, for lunch and dinner. Led by Executive Chef Chris Wilson, United’s talented culinary team will offer unique bistro cuisine with a local flair and will service catering needs throughout the hall, all freshly prepared onsite through a state-of-the-art catering kitchen.
Hundreds of illuminated light fixtures in the bistro emulate the sparkle of the night sky’s vast array of stars, giving patrons an elegant, West Texas dining experience. The overall feel of the Bistro is one of warmth, reflection and elegance in a dining space not found anywhere else in Lubbock.
- Total indoor area approximately 2,621 sq. ft.
- Dining area approximately 2,176 sq. ft.
- Bar area approximately 169 sq. ft.
- Kitchen area approximately 276 sq. ft.
- Indoor seating capacity of 106 persons
- Outdoor terrace approximately 995 sq. ft.
Concessions and Lounges
- Total concessions areas – 1788 sq. ft.
- Jim and Joanne Rice Concessions Area – located on the basement level; 462 sq. ft.
- SouthWest Bank Concessions Area– located on the main floor; 400 sq. ft.
- Mobile concessions area located on the main floor; 203 sq. ft.
- Lubbock Chamber of Commerce Concessions Area – located on the first balcony level; 246 sq. ft.
- Mobile concessions area located on the first balcony level; 135 sq. ft.
- Second balcony concessions area – 168 sq. ft.
- Third balcony concessions area – 174 sq. ft.
- Total lounge areas – 4610 sq. ft.
- Founder’s Lounge – located on the first balcony level; 846 sq. ft. indoor, 1807 sq. ft. terrace
- VIP Lounge – located on the second balcony level; 1957 sq. ft.
- United will provide food and beverage services for all concessions and lounges throughout the hall.
Events at the Hall
- The first year of operation, LEPAA estimates 279 shows, concerts and performances at Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and Sciences; 40 banquets and catered events; and 13 events in the lobby area, and will bring more than 135,000 patrons to downtown Lubbock.
- Events include Broadway shows, Lubbock ISD events, musicals, concerts, and performances by Ballet Lubbock, The Lubbock Symphony Orchestra, Ballet Folklorico and more.
- All events, receptions and banquets will be exclusively catered in-house by United.